Contribution Guide

Hello everyone,

TCG ONE is a community-supported project where we accept contributions in different forms. This post aims to enlighten the modules of the project and how to help out.

1. Contribute to tcgone-engine-contrib repository, which holds card implementations. By doing so, you may help releasing missing expansions and fix the bugs on existing cards. You’ll need some programming skills.
  2. We always need high quality card scans, for either new sets or to improve scans of old sets. We manage them via a private repository, please contact me if you want to help.
  3. Besides card implementations, we have carddb module, which aims to bring card scans to the front facing web site and integrate with the simulator in the future. This project also aims to be a general purpose Pokemon TCG Card Database. Currently we’re doing card definitions in YAML format. The format is still evolving and we need you to improve or update the database and its format. There is also a production API that serves this card database over the web (the backend of https://tcgone.net/cards). Contact me for more information over this.

I aim to publish more ways to collaborate in the future and update this post accordingly. Please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Best,
admin

1 Like

Hello @developers ,

I have just updated the backend and CI/CD configuration of dev.tcgone.net. It is now 50% faster to build and restart after every push! Feel free to check it our by pushing to master.

EDIT: I am trying it and each push takes only ~20 seconds to be deployed! The app itself is also a lot faster due to improved runtime conditions.

Best

Updates:

Moved ourcard contributions repository to Github, please access it via the new link and only commit to this repository from now on: https://github.com/axpendix/tcgone-engine-contrib

Moved the technical explanations about the game engine from this topic to the wiki tab of the repository, which is a more suitable location for it, and the contributors can also edit them as well.

Moved guidelines for implementing Pokémod expansion to pokemod/README.

Updated the text of the contribution guide to clearly reflect the current ways we accept contributions in a concise manner.

1 Like