Restore Base–Rocket, Prop 15/3 and e-Card to Quickplay

I hope that ax can deliver and put their money where their mouth is about these implementations for quickplay. This community introduced me on how to properly enjoy retro. This place in a sense is my home for Pokemon. I play standard but this is where I want to be the most. I want to play retro IRL the most but this is the second best option to play with my friends from Indiana for example. I feel Misnos and Clubsodas offers can be very helpful for the future of this client especially if it’s being stated that money is tight. This is not a criticism. More of a “Hey you say you can do these things that are asked well here is a chance to prove yourself”

Just an update for everyone regarding the generous offers made above: I have reached out to @axpendix directly, hoping he keeps his word to engage with his users as he indicated in his last forum post. However, I am unfortunately yet to receive a response.

I think it is clear at this point that there is a strong demand for these formats on Quickplay, and given that the cards are already there, there is no reason they should remain inaccessible. I remain hopeful that Axpendix will keep his word to remain engaged and provide this simple needed update.

4 Likes

I would also love to see these formats added to quick play. With more formats easily accessible, more new players can get introduced to the tcgone retro community, plus it’s another fun format for existing players to enjoy.

I don’t want to pile on, but my custom Legacy Select format is basically finished with 35 example decks that I have been itching to play. Of course, I want to see custom forkats really badly, but I am not mentioning this to take away attention from the already-created formats that others love so much. I cannot help but expect that any work on custom formats could coincide with implementing more official formats.

There was no reason for these formats to be removed. They need to be added back if TCGOne is to continue being the home of online old format play.

It is genuinely baffling that any of these formats were removed. In particular, Prop 15/3’s removal makes no sense because of how dynamically different it is from any other format that has existed in the history of the game. It is certainly in the community’s best interest for these formats to all be readded so that they can be played properly, and I look forward to hopefully playing in the tournaments that people have discussed hosting for all of them.

2 Likes

Technically Prop 15/3 wasn’t removed. Base-Rocket was replaced with Base-Fossil and Base-Gym in Quickplay years ago and was more recently added to Career with Prop 15/3, and e-card was removed a year or two ago because it was the least played format (even though it was still played and enjoyed by some people).

Also, at some point Tricky Gym is going to be covering the Prop 15/3 Milwaukee event on his channel and hundreds of people will be discovering the existence of the format for the first time. Adding it to Quickplay before that event could secure several new website regulars as it would allow us to direct people interested in trying Prop 15/3 to the website.

2 Likes

Tumbleweed.gif

these formats should be included on quickplay because there’s a significant playerbase for them and it requires minimal effort for the site to host them. i’ve promoted TCGOne to tons of people but decisions like this are suboptimal for making the website usable for retro enthusiasts, and i hope these formats are added to quickplay so that players can easily play them at their leisure.

I’d love to see this added back too. I don’t see why it was ever removed. If we could also get a reply about this, I’d appreciate it. This is great example of what I’d like to see done with our money.

A TCGONE player who hasn’t replied to this thread, ScaryMonsters, recently mentioned in the comments section of play.tcgone that Prop 15/3 is their favorite format and they wished it was more accessible. There is a greater demand for the format than what is seen on this thread. Also, there is at least one player not on this thread, RubyRetro, who is mildly interested in Prop 15/3 but doesn’t bother with the “Base-Gym queue with description” fix.

At this point everyone has given up on the “Base-Gym queue with description” fix out of frustration, and if anything, adding the format to Career made the Quickplay fix even less reliable as many players who have never played Prop 15/3 but have seen people playing it in Career never question that a Base-Gym queue is nothing more or less than a Base-Gym queue, and assume that people interested in Prop 15/3 would just open up Prop 15/3 queues. Finding someone to play Prop 15/3 Quickplay with requires knowing the names of interested players, so people who are new to the site or aren’t that committed will just never touch it. In contrast, Prop 15/3 Career sees consistent play throughout the day, only most of the players interested in Prop 15/3 are stuck outside the Career bubble. People have been discussing Prop 15/3’s absence from Quickplay in the chat multiple days a week each week for a while now. Frustrations will become even more intense if 2010 gets added but the line of communication gets cut again without Prop 15/3 Quickplay also being added.

Also, for the record, I think I legitimately might be the only person to grind Career for the sole purpose of playing Prop 15/3, and only then because I had some ink and cards laid aside from an abandoned Base-Fossil Career that I started for who knows what reason. Let it be known to all that Prop 15/3 being Career-exclusive is not making Admin. money.

Base–Rocket and Prop 15/3 are now on Quickplay! Thank you @axpendix for making this happen. (Unfortunately, it looks like e-Card got left out, but it’s nice to see this progress.)

I am coordinating with @Misnos and @Clubsodas and will be posting details for both a Base–Rocket and Prop 15/3 tournament soon!

2 Likes

Thanks, @admin ! This is one of the most encouraging things to happen to me this week! Thank you for adding Prop 15/3 to Quickplay.

I am excited to announce that @Clubsodas & @Misnos have kept their word and generously provided $300 to be used as tournament prizes for our new Quickplay formats! I have secured this prize money and will be hosting two tournaments next month.

I will be hosting a Prop 15/3 tournament on Sunday, October 6.
Registration Page: 🏆 2000 Prop 15/3 Mega Battle | Limitless

I will be hosting a Base–Rocket tournament on Sunday, October 20.
Registration Page: 🏆 2000 Base–Rocket Mega Battle | Limitless

Both events will begin at 1pm Central Time. They are free to play and open to everyone. Prizes will be awarded to the Top 8 finishers in each event. You can sign up below!

Thank you again to @Clubsodas and @Misnos for your generosity. And thank you again to @axpendix for bringing these formats to Quickplay.

5 Likes

Thanks for hosting @JasonKlaczynski and thank you @axpendix ! Cant wait to play with everyone on October 6 and 20.

1 Like