Pokémod - Base Set

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Pokémon and its trademarks are ©1995-2019 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. English and Japanese card images appearing in Pokémod are the property of The Pokémon Company International, Inc.
Pokémod is a fan made non-profit experience. It is not official in any shape or form, nor affiliated, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, or TPCi. Pokémod is purely a celebration of the Wizards era of PTCG, created by really big Pokémon fans!

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

2 Likes

I noticed in the pack card scans you posted customized cards. I am curious do those cards planned to be used in the future of TCG ONE or just something you made for fun?

1 Like

Hey man,

Yes Admin is currently working out the best way to put the cards onto the system. :slight_smile:

I just read your article on the custom format and it seems really interesting/something I am tempted to try out.

1 Like

Thanks man, yeah this is going to be great fun. All expansions should be uploaded onto this forum by this time next week. Uploading Fossil now.

1 Like

I love that a lot of pokemon have more hp, and some cards have a less energy cost, but I noticed that a few cards have been nerfed… like Charizard for instance. It says its Pokemon power can’t be used if its holding a colourless energy. Charizard was never really a playable card to begin with, so why it needed nerfing even more is beyond me.

1 Like

Hey DK! Thanks for the love, I’m really happy that you like the format and what I’ve done with it. I had to nerf Chrizards Power because I’ve modded his attack to “Discard 2 [R] Energy cards” instead of the original " Discard 2 Energy Cards". If I didn’t alter his Power you could simply attach a DCE to him and deal 100 damage. I know the phrasing I’ve used for his PokePower isn’t the best, but I didn’t want to alter the card too much with it being Charizard and all. But it’s not like we’re not used to bad wording in Pokemon TCG with Blaine’s Charizard around!

Are far as modifications go, we should also think about ways to make evolution cards more viable in the format (nerfing energy removal stuff is a good start) and make overused Pokemon less viable while making underused ones for viable.

Here are some ideas for the base set.

Blastoise - When you attach an energy using the power, it receives 1 damage counter.

Chansey - Requires 2 energy to retreat.

Charizard - Reduce retreat cost to 2.

Gyarados - I would look into giving this card a complete overhaul. Perhaps look into the Gyarados from other sets for ideas, like adding the Flame Vapor power from the Ecard one, reducing retreat to 2, and giving Bubblebeam 10 extra damage.

Hitmonchan - Reduce HP to 60

Machamp - Strikes back does 20 damage instead of 10.

Magneton - 80 HP, and only 2 lightning energy for Thunder Wave.

Poliwrath - Reduce retreat cost to 2, Whirlpool to 3 energy requirement and reduce to 30 damage.

Raichu - Reduce Agility to 2 colorless energy only and change Thunder to 3 lightning energy requirement.

Beedrill - Reduce Twineedle to 2 energy requirement.

Dugtrio - Reduce retreat cost to 1, change Slash energy requirement to 3 colorless energy, and change earthquake’s energy requirement to 2 fighting and 2 colorless energy.

Electabuzz - Reduce HP to 60.

Dewgong - Increase HP to 100.

Farfetch’s - Increase HP to 60 and reduce retreat cost to 0.

Jynx - Change Meditate energy requirement to 2 psychic energy and reduce damage to 10+.

Kadabra - Reduce retreat cost to 1 or 2.

Machoke - Reduce retreat cost to 2 and change Karate chop damage to 60.

Nidorino - reduce Horn drill energy cost to 2 grass and 1 colorless energy.

Porygon - Increase HP to 50 or 60.

Raticate - Reduce retreat cost to 0.

Gastly - No coin flip requirement for Sleeping Gas.

Pidgey - Reduce Whirlwind energy requirement to 1 colorless energy.

Starmie - Reduce retreat cost to 0, increase star freeze damage to 30, increase HP to 70.

Tangela - Increase HP to 70, reduce Poisonpowder requirement to 2 grass energy and change Bind requirement to 2 colorless energy.

Voltorb - Reduce retreat cost to 0.

Pokemon Breeder - Can be used to evolve a basic pokemon into stage 1 as well, even if it was just played this turn.

Pluspower - only 1 can be attached to your pokemon per turn.

Pokedex - You may add 1 pokemon card there, then rearrange the other 4.

Gust of Wind - Change to supporter card.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing and had some ideas I am still unsure about for the Dark Pokemon in Team Rocket but still not sure not that idea. I assume he wants to make evolutions viable since Scramble Energy is now in this gen and I like those suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to make these suggestions, I am genuinely grateful for the interest you are showing. Unfortunately I have to say that I do not agree with most of the suggestions you have made here. I do like some of the ideas and will take them into consideration. Once you spend time playing the format you may understand why most of the ideas you’ve put forward wont benefit the format as a whole.

Thanks again for sharing your reflection.

For Gyarados I think I’ll make his BubbleBeam attack cost [W][W][C][C].

I’ve just uploaded the updated Gyarados :slight_smile:

Ah, I didn’t know scramble energy was available. That definitely changes things as far as evolution viability goes.

Yup its in the Team Rocket modded set.

I am in agreement with a lot of these card. most notably the common and uncommon cards that see next to no play at all.

1. For starters can we make Gyarados weak to Lightning. this has really bugged me for a long time, since it is not weak to grass in the video games, because it is a part flying type. change one of the other water types in the set to have a grass weakness. like Blastoise for instance. that way each of the 3 starter pokemon can be weak to each other in an element triangle. like how you start the games by picking your starter. your rival usually gets the starter with the type advantage.
  2. Farfetch’d was always a great card if you didn’t have enough Scyther in your collection. But as soon as you got 4 Scyther, then Farfetch’d got ditched in the shoe box, never to be seen again. its attacks should stay the same. they are pretty balanced, but the HP and retreat cost need to change.
  3. Give Porygon an attack that does at least 10 damage, or at least a Pokemon power that can make it semi-playable. Since Porygon could never deal a single point of damage before it saw zero play. i’m thinking along the lines of making it a less powerful version of the “Cool Porygon” promo
  4. Changing Starmie to make it seem better overall than its basic evolution, Staryu, which can do 20 for 1 energy. maybe make the second attack 2 energy for 30. was thinking of making it a clone of Seaking from jungle, but while Seaking has more HP, Starmie could paralyse instead. keep the retreat cost, HP etc…
  5. Reducing the energy costs for Tangela might make it playable, where as it never was to begin with because you needed 2 energy to even use its first attack. Its HP can stay the same.
1 Like

I’ve updated Gyarados :slight_smile: Yes the of modding Farfetch’d was one of the idea’s I really liked from @Shikaternia. I think raising his HP to 60 and reducing his Retreat cost to Zero is a good suggestion.

I’ll have a think about Starmie and Tangela, when I was modding this set I do remember thinking hard about what I could do with them. I’ll have another look at them :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Shikaternia I’ve uploaded Farfetch’d :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks. Farfetch’d now looks a lot more playable now, and could fit into, not just Haymaker decks but any deck that needs a free retreater that can also attack for colourless energy.

1 Like

I’ve just updated Tangela, what do you think?

1 Like