Pokémod - Base Set

More HP and an attack that uses double colourless. looking good. now its basically a clone of Ivysaur.

1 Like

Hmm… I think the text change in its attack without the pokemon power nerf is the buff that it always needed. It was changed to that in Stormfront. Even so I still think it will be too slow. Of course with the overall slowing down of this format I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

check out Neo Genesis bro :slight_smile: i’ve added an equivalent to Skyla from B&W and VS Seeker. Yes i’ve slowed this format down but thats only to encourage players to be more creative with their Deck building. The original Computer Search is too powerful. It works perfect in the Original Gen 1 meta, it wouldn’t be the same without it. . . In this format however, it doesn’t work. It renders so many cards useless and makes the engine to most decks the same and its just too boring and predictable. This new rule opens up all the options available in this format. And it forces pplayers to think of other ways to search from their Pokes and energy cards! :slight_smile:

Oh I was talking about Charizard. But I do like the thought that is going into this!

1 Like

Computer Search worked out well as an ace spec card. Why not as a G-spec card?
other text alterations on the card, could include “not including supporter cards and or stadium cards” or “you may only play 1 computer search card per turn”

1 Like

The reason for the pokepower nerf on Charizard is to prevent players from simply attaching a DCE and then attacking for 100… As the Attack is now discard 2 [R] energy instead of “Discard 2 Energy Cards” . . . If the power wasn’t also changed this would be totally broken.

We have Hacker as the G-Spec computer search :slight_smile: And I think Computer Search being able to search for Trainers is a good option for those who don’t want to run Eusine from Neo Gen. but by running Computer Search you are exposing yourself to the new Mod of Rocket’s Sneak Attack (it now excludes Supporters)

@DKQuagmire @Ruse @darkmaster1415 @PhanTomato @Shikaternia - Do we feel a Supporter card that can “Discard 1 Energy card attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon” is required to keep the Energy Removal tactic alive? Is it a necessary Evil?

Team Flare Grunt works well in modern formats… ?? What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

@ZF_Goku could be a nice card to have. However I think it should effect all energy.
i saw your miracle energy in the team rocket expansion was immune to effects of trainer cards, etc. but maybe as a supporter card, it could remove miracle energy, and the text would be “prevent all effects from trainer item cards” from removing it.

also, do we need a card like Team Skull Grunt, that discards the energy from the hand?

1 Like

Pow! Hand Extension can deal with Miracle Energy :wink: I thought about Team Grunt Skull and honestly I’m not sure, I’d say we either have one or the other but not both as it may be too much…

1 Like

Like? :slight_smile:

you know. for a neo genesis card i was kinda expecting this card to be “Youngster Joey”.
guy stops you every 5 minutes to tell you about his top percentage Rattata, wasting your time in the game.

1 Like

Great idea! I’ll update it now :slight_smile:

@DKQuagmire :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thanks for the help bro! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@ZF_Goku This is awesome! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thought you’d like it! Probably my favourite card we’ve made yet :smiley:

any plans for more items/ trainer class people?
Bicycle and Everstone already have cards which could be implemented.
Berry Juice could be an item that only Shuckle can hold.

as for trainers. i’m at a loss for right now. But when going through my old HS collection I found Sages training. its a supporter version of Mistys wrath, but for 5 cards instead of 7 discarded.
also Team Rocket’s Trickery draws 2 card then your opponent discards a card from his or her hand.

I think there was a galactic Mars card that did the exact same thing, and it got reprinted in Ultra Prism.

1 Like

I’ve got some more really good trainers to come, I just need characters to put them too… The only Pokemon anime I watched was Indigo League! The format needs more Stadium cards. The problem I have with Sages Training is it makes Underground Expedition abit pointless… And I really like that card :smile: I like the Team Rocket’s Trickery Idea, I’ll add it to the list :slight_smile:

Seafoam islands. Pokemon tower (that card is a promo though), Mt. Moon.
I think i mentioned this before but maybe whirl islands, dragons den or even burned tower.

In fact there was a burned tower card in undaunted.
Burned Tower from Undaunted

Too bad energy stadium does the exact same thing.

we also have ruins of alph
Ruins of Alph from Undaunted

bit like your other stadium except resistance.

1 Like

I have to find a use for the burned tower artwork!!