Pokémod - Base Set

I’ve had Second thoughts… Thanks for the suggestion bro. Now the format has really opened up :slight_smile: I do feel a card like Random Receiver would be handy now, even with VS Seeker available.

1 Like

Added a Secret Rare Squirtle #115

1 Like

Wait, does this secret rare have 10 more hp than the normal Squirtle?
Well if its hp is 50, then it makes it more playable now than the Rocket Squirtle.

2 Likes

I’ve also Modded the original Base Squirtle to 50HP. Watch out! :slight_smile:

My suggestions for now would be

• Koffing: Reduce foul gas damage to 0
  • Magmar: Reduce health to 70
  • Starmie: Change energy cost of recover to [W][C]
  • Gust of Wind: Make it a supporter
  • Pikachu: Thunder Jolt should do 10 damage to itself without the coin flip.
  • Pidgey: Either 1) reduce energy cost to [C] or 2) increase damage to 20
  • Onix: Change energy cost of harden to [F][C]
  • Onix: Change energy cost of rock throw to [F][C], increase its damage to 20
  • Dewgong: Increase health to 90
  • Pidgeotto: increase whirlwind damage to 30, reduce mirror move cost to [C][C]

@ZF_Goku let’s consider them

2 Likes

Hey man,

I’ve taken note of these suggestions. I like the idea of reducing magma to 70HP, I did feel 80 was maybe a little too much when I first modified him.

Gust of wind cannot be a supporter in this format. It makes everything too slow.

Pidgey and Pidgeotto have to stay as they are to make life difficult for players opting for the JU Pidgeot search engine. At the moment the balance is good between each of the main search/draw engines in the format.

I like the Starmie mod idea and I’ll think about Onix… the reason I’m very reluctant to mod Onix is because unlike the original Gen 1 format, this format includes all cards from Base to Skyridge so you have to think about how modifying any of the Gen1 cards will effect cards from the Neo and Ecard expansions. In this case it’s Steelix we have to think about, and to be honest I think base Onix kept as it is would be the best option.

I’ll have a good think about your other suggestions :slight_smile:

@admin I might make a stadium card that works along the lines of “neither player can use a trainer card or pokemon power to switch their opponents benched pokemon with their active pokemon”

What do you think @DKQuagmire pretty nifty idea ey?

or just make a card that makes bench pokemon immune to all trainer cards. gust of wind, switch, energy removal… the works.

could be the new chaos stadium from the gym sets.

But we already have chaos gym (hopefully) . . . The reason Gust of wind can’t be made a supporter is because A) it will make the format very slow. B) There are allot of pokemon in this format that have very powerful pokemon powers and if GOW was made a supporter it would quadruple the power of these pokemon as they would be so easy to set up. C) If GOW was a supporter, Rocket’s Sneak Attack would not be an effective defence against it (please see Sneak Attack mod)… D) it’s fun. XD

This is why I’m suggesting the stadium idea. I think it adds to the dynamic and makes the format a healthier place for the decks that need bench support but it doesn’t ruin the speed or balance of the format by taking a biased stand point on which strategy to protect. This is the beauty of stadium cards as they encourage the strategic battle for the high ground in the game.