Pokémod - Gym Heroes

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Pokémon and its trademarks are ©1995-2019 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. English and Japanese card images appearing in Pokémod are the property of The Pokémon Company International, Inc.
Pokémod is a fan made non-profit experience. It is not official in any shape or form, nor affiliated, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, or TPCi. Pokémod is purely a celebration of the Wizards era of PTCG, created by really big Pokémon fans!

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

2 Likes

Copycat!!! YES I love this card!
Ash has suddenly become N. I like this and will play this.
Also Professor Ivy is now Pokemon fan club but better. Yes please!
Professor oaks new theory is a nice card to have return. it being a g-spec will make the g-spec spot all the more difficult to choose.

2 Likes

The rule for ash has come from Rocket’s admin, I chose that rule over N’s because its a little fairer come the later stages as it give each player the option to draw cards. You could deck someone out with the ‘N’ ruling in the late game if they have Prize cards left.

Professor Ivy is the same as Rosanna’s Research, not sure how much play it would get but I wanted to give people the option with this card :slight_smile:

You’ve hit the nail on the head, it will be very hard to choose between the G-SPEC cards. Because each player can only be use a G_SPEC card once it’s going to ask some questions of players for sure. ** A player can recover G-Spec cards from their discard pile with cards like Item Finder and play it if they’ve been forced to discard their G-SPEC card before using it. With decks like Fossil Moltres it wouldn’t be fair if you couldn’t recover them from discard pile.

Blaine’s Moltres - Add an attack like like the Plasma attack on Rocket’s Zapdos, but with fire energy and 10 damage.

Brock’s Rhydon - Change Bench Guard to something like “whenever 1 of your benched pokemon is damage, you may reduce that damage by 10” OR change the Lariat attack to an attack that does more damage if Brock’s Rhydon has more damage counters on it, so it has good synergy with the Bench Guard power.

Erika’s Clefable - Add a tails effect for Fairy Power: you may return 1 of your pokemon in play and all cards attached to it to your hand or deck.

Misty’s Seadra - No Retreat Cost.

Misty’s Tentacruel - 80 HP

The Rocket’s Trap - Change it so that if you get tails, your turn ends.

Brock’s Onix - 80 HP OR change Tunneling so that Brock’s Onix cannot use that attack next turn, but can still use Bind.

Lt. Surge’s Electabuzz (Non-Holo) - 70 HP

Misty’s Poliwrath - Add a second attack or power such as "once during your turn (before you attack), if this pokemon is active, you may search your deck for a card with “Misty” in its name and add it to your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward).

Blaine’s Magmar - 70HP, and h ave Firebreathing do 20 damage OR flip 2 coins instead of 1.

Brock’s Geodude - Have Lucky Shot do 10 damage if tails.

Brock’s Golbat - Reduce Retreat Cost to 0.

Brock’s Graveler - Add attack that does 20 damage for 1 fighting energy OR an attack that lets you add a card with Brock in its name to your hand.

Erika’s Exeggcute - Change Egg Bomb so the pokemon does 10 or 0 damage to itself.

Erika’s Exeggutor - 80 HP, and have stomp do 40 damage (no coin flip).

Erika’s Weepinbell - Have Drool do 20 damage.

Misty’s Psyduck - Remove coin flip requirement for Call for Friend.

Misty’s Seaking - 0 retreat cost, change horn attack damage to 20 OR change energy requirement to colorless.

Sabrina’s Jynx - 70 HP, and have Good Morning to 20 more damage if the defending pokemon is asleep.

Sabrina’s Slowbro - remove coin flip requirement for Naptime.

Blaine’s Tauros - Reduce retreat cost to 1.

Brock’s Geodude - remove coin flip effect for Call for Friend.

Brock’s Mankey - make Light Kick’s damage 20 OR change the energy requirement to colorless.

Hello Shitakernia,

I’m curious, which Pokemon format do you play the most?

Used to be Gen 1, but I lost interest due to the overpowered cards and how easy it was to win on the first turn. I did like the viability of basic pokemon that could not evolve, but most evolutions were not viable.

I like Neo a lot more since it has more viable decks and more drawn out strategies, but the reliance on coin flips regarding baby pokemon is rather annoying. Also Feraligator was too strong due to its high damage and 120 HP, so beating that deck was very difficult unless you made one that was designed to beat it. Even then, most grass types (aside from dark weezing) could not OHKO it, leaving them to be KO’ed the next turn.

I like E-card since it’s more based on evolutions and less coin flip reliant. Plus, it doesn’t have a deck that is blatantly overpowered compared to other ones, like in the Neo format. However, it can be harder to recover if you get a bad start.

I like the Worlds format most since it’s basically E-Card but with more options, so I’m more likely to play that one compared to the others, even though I like each one for different reasons.

2 Likes

Are you as psyched as I am about this Pokemod Format? XD

1 Like

Definitely. I always wanted to see a more balanced format where pretty much every card is viable and where there are a variety of competitive deck options.

I actually used Pokecard to make a whole bunch of pokemon cards gen 1-4 for fun some time ago (I have hundreds of cards saved on it).