Pokémod - Gym Challenge

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Pokémon and its trademarks are ©1995-2019 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. English and Japanese card images appearing in Pokémod are the property of The Pokémon Company International, Inc.
Pokémod is a fan made non-profit experience. It is not official in any shape or form, nor affiliated, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, or TPCi. Pokémod is purely a celebration of the Wizards era of PTCG, created by really big Pokémon fans!

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

2 Likes

I see more returning supporters with new names!

Bruno is the same as Professor Kukui
Rockets Counter attack is the same as Twins
Gary Oak is the same as Lillie

Have you got any plans for an AJ card. The kid who had an unofficial gym in the TV show, who used a Sandshrew to defeat Ash’s entire team.
Also Janine. she took over the Fuchsia City gym when Koga became an elite 4 member.
also missing Lorelei and Agatha.

1 Like

I do have a Blank Lorelei card waiting for something to do. The problem I have is I don’t want the format’s supporters to become a saturated choice with too many options. Are there any supporter rules you’d like to see in addition to the ones I’ve already added? I could create an AJ, Janine and Agatha card but I’m not sure what their functions could be…

1 Like

Heres two ideas for now. feel free to re-word any of these, if they sound a bit confusing.

AJ’s Determination: Until the end of your opponents next turn. Each active Pokemon has no weakness or resistance when taking damage. (This is based on how Sandshrew in the TV series, can hit Butterfree in the air, which resists ground types and can withstand water)
This card is also a supporter card version of the Mr. Mime card found in the Vending Machine series.

Janine’s Disguise: This card can only be used if you have at least one benched Pokemon. Play this card next to your active Pokemon. During your opponents next turn if an attack does damage to the active Pokemon this card is next to, even if the damage would knock out that Pokemon, search your deck for a basic Pokemon card or evolution card of the same stage as that Pokemon. That Pokemon is now your active Pokemon. Discard the first Pokemon and all cards attached to it. If the first Pokemon is knocked out, your opponent still takes a prize card.
(this is mainly based on how when you enter the gym in gold and silver, everyone is disguised as the gym leader, and you won’t know until you talk to her if she is the real deal)

1 Like

Hey man, very interesting, I can see them fitting into the format easily. There is already Lost World in Fossil that’s a stadium to remove weakness, then we have Resistance gym that now removes all resistance. There’s also cards like Protective Orb to help Evo Pokes but I really like the idea of a supporter being able to facilitate what these cards can do but applying it to any card for a turn. Very cool idea :slight_smile:

Janine’s Disguise is like a supporter version of Swoop! Teleporter that I’ve added to Team Rocket. I do understand what you’re implying the card to do but I think it could be worded better, I’ll have a think about that one…

Are there any existing Supporter rules from other expansions outside of the Wizards sets that you’d like to see in this format?

1 Like

Holons Mentor/ Pokemon collector could be implemented. again with the same rules as your level ball, only work on low hp basic pokemon. i would like 60 hp to work, but thats the same HP as Jigglypuff, and that could be a problem for people playing against haymaker decks with wigglytuff.

Bebe’s Search is my favourite supporter card in gen 4. would love to see that come back.
A card that does the same as Guzma. Double gust, but you make all the choices.

1 Like

Pokemon Collector has arrived already in the Ecard Series. Your Wiggly worry has also been covered :slight_smile: (I haven’t updated the card number yet)

Lorelei could be Bebe’s Search? :wink:

1 Like

Just as I imagined it to be. Thank you!

I’m also fine with lorelei being Bebe.

which just leaves Agatha from kanto’s elite 4. trying to come up with ghost related ideas. free retreating your pokemon. preventing damage or attacking bench pokemon. the idea of ghosts disapearing so your attacks do nothing/ prevent damage. also ghosts re-appearing else where on the field and hitting bench pokemon. or the idea of forcing the opponent to run away. by means of making them pick up a card and all cards attached to it into their hand.

1 Like

Lorelei is up. #145/132

1 Like

Yeah I’ll have a think too and see what comes to mind that will work for Agatha. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just uploaded Agatha :slight_smile: #146

1 Like

Just realised that Agatha is now Seeker. (except she doesn’t effect your opponents pokemon) NEAT.
what am i kidding. shes better than AZ and Aceroller now!

1 Like

Yup, she has the same rule as Mr. Brineys compassion. Which is a great card. I guess it’s kind of ghost like as the pokemon vanishes from play back to its owners hand XD is that ghost enough for you?

1 Like

Pretty much! :laughing:

By the way, i’m currently writing up an article to publish on the forums. (Top secret :zipper_mouth_face: ) I’m keeping newer players, and players who don’t have many cards on my mind to help them understand what i’m talking about, but it could also help older players as well. its already 4 pages long already, but i’m not even half way through!!

still need to include card images but i have already written up a disclaimer to explain that i don’t own the images and they belong to their respective source etc…

1 Like

Use the scans from pokeplayer.com they have no watermarks on them. I’m not sure if I’m understanding exactly what you mean so I’ll look forward to reading the article :slight_smile:

Erika’s Venusaur - Reduce Wide Solarbeam energy requirement to 3 grass energy.

Giovanni’s Gyarados - 100 HP and reduce retreat cost to 2.

Giovanni’s Nidoking - Change Tumbling attack energy requirement to 2 colorless and 2 grass.

Giovanni’s Persian - Change Ambush requirement to 2 energy.

Koga’s Ditto - 50 HP.

Lt. Surge’s Raichu - Remove tails effect of the coin flip.

Misty’s Golduck - 80 HP

Sabrina’s Alakazam - Change Mega Burn energy requirement to 3.

Giovanni - effect applies to all of your pokemon with Giovanni in its name OR allow the card to be used on any single pokemon, even if it doesn’t have Giovanni in its name.

Blaine’s Ninetails - 70 HP, reduce retreat cost to 1.

Brock’s Dugtrio - 70 HP.

Giovanni’s Nidoqueen - change Mega Kick energy requirement to 2 colorless 1 grass.

Giovanni’s Pinsir - remove Overhead Toss coinflip effect and change snapping pincers to 10x, flip 3 coins.

Koga’s Pigeotto - 70 HP, Reduce energy cost for both attacks by 1 and reduce Quick Turn damage to 20x.

Giovanni’s Meowth - Remove coin flip effect for False Charity.

Koga’s Golbat - 70 HP, change Sonic Scream energy requirement to 1 grass 2 colorless.

Koga’s Weezing - 80 HP

Sabrina’s Jynx - 70 HP, remove coin flip effect for Hug.

Sabrina’s Mr.Mime - Add the Neutral Damage power that the Vending Machine Mr. Mime has: As long as this Pokémon is on your Bench, each Active Pokémon has no Weakness or Resistance.

Blaine’s Charmander - Remove coin flip effect or increase damage to 30 if heads.

Blaine’s Mankey - 50 HP, Remove coin flip effect for Pranks.

Blaine’s Rhyhorn - 70 HP.

Erika’s Jigglypuff - Consider reducing Pulled Punch damage to 30-, to help reduce 1 turn wins even further.

Koga’s Tangela - 60 HP, Remove Graspine Vine coin flip requirement.

Lt. Surge’s Rattata - 40 HP

Sabrina’s Porygon - 60 HP.

Updated #15 & #149 Rocket’s Zapdos. They now have Lightning Weakness.