IMPORTANT: Chat and Posting Rules

Hi there everyone! :grin:

As part of the moderation team, I am tasked with making sure that playing & posting on TCGONE an enjoyable experience for everyone. An important part to accomplishing this is making sure that our rules for posting and interacting with others are as clear as possible. This post aims to lay out rules that the team determined were necessary to keep a play environment that is appropriate for people of all ages.

Game Chat Rules:

1) Strong harassment towards users is strictly forbidden. Any user that is directly attacking or harassing another user in game chat, lobby chat, on form posts, or in the Discord will have their posts removed and be banned accordingly. This consists of excessive insults, racism, slurs, and other strong language meant to hurt other users on the site. Be kind to one another!

2) Spamming unnecessary, suspicious, or malicious messages is prohibited. Nobody wants to be shouted down in the lobby chat from any single user posting unnecessarily. To combat this, we will be clearing out the posts of any user that are repetitive and provide no purpose other than to spam and giving a 1 week ban.

3) Posting malicious content or personal information will result in a ban. This includes sexually explicit text, images, and links, as well as links to suspicious or dangerous websites. Posting private information of any person on the site is also strictly forbidden. Breaking this rule will result in a 2 week ban or more depending on the seriousness of the offense. The safety of our players, both online and offline, is important to us, and we intend to protect it as much as possible.

We will update this list as necessary if new rules need to be changed or added in the future.

Thank you everyone for playing TCGONE, and a special thank you to everyone who contributes to the continuous development of the site. We are all responsible for making this site safe, inviting, and fun for everyone.

Get out there and have fun playing together!

-The moderation team

8 Likes

What if you come up with a really funny joke?

2 Likes

We don’t want to ban people over ‘just jokes’, but please be considerate of other people. Feel free to joke about whatever you want with friends in a game, but everyone can see lobby chat so keep things that are posted there civil. Public chat should be treated like how you would act at a game store; you wouldn’t want to post anything that could be heard by a child or considered rude to people who are online. Hopefully that clears up where and when the rules should be enforced this way

@blason24 I’ve never seen a joke from you that wasn’t sexual, so you’re just not funny.

3 Likes

Hi mod team,
Can you please take action against the user {Bird24}. He’s childish, annoying and continually mildly harrasses myself as well as other users. I just want to relax and play cards, not have some kid lording over me whenever they think they are winning and calling me an “acne boy” when they aren’t. I’d suggest a week or month long chat ban or something of the sort.

--------------- (Is this the right place to be putting my complaint?)

Yea bird24 is mean plus he sucks

Bird24 is constantly harassing people in the main chat, calling them losers, and saying everyone who plays this site isn’t “normal”, and that they have acne. Just plain trolling, he needs a ban

Dear mods, the user Jaxs likes to harass new players. I’ve tried the base-neo format for the first time and as soon as I wrote that he started insulting me that I’m a slow player, noob, loser, etc. After some time he started to ask me political questions which I answered with “I’m here to play a game, not to talk about politics”. Afterwards he started calling me a racist, that he’d rape me and kill me and my family.

I am absolutely not amused by that behavior, and I have added a screenshot of the situation when the game ended.

Thanks for reading this.

3 Likes

So you claim to be against harassment yet you allow active misgendering and when someone says that they are being misgendered, you say it is “trolling”.

Misgendering is a hate crime, and by not punishing it, you are saying that transphobes deserve to be listened to over trans people.

Calling out the misgendering wasn’t the trolling. The rest of your behaviour in lobby chat was. Being misgendered, or being the victim of any rule violation does not give you the right to verbally abuse other players and to be toxic in general in lobby chat.

1 Like

So I should just be okay with being misgendered? Your mods never told people to stop misgendering me, that means they don’t think it is an issue.

Hi, I saw the chat the other day, yea you should be okay with MISgendering since It is a MIStake, I don’t know how you get from there to hate crime. However as covered in rule 1 If anybody is directly attacking YOU for you’re gender, hair color, weight etc. then It is harassment and please report It because those people are plain annoying and obvioulsly have nothing better to do. Please don’t make circus in the chat because of a mistake and be kind to others.

Can’t speak for quickplay but for past 8 months or so I had nothing but awesome interaction with the people in career. Awesome community!

2 Likes

Let me guess, you are cisgender.

Actively misgendering someone with intention is a hate crime. You don’t get to speak over the voices of trans people. The players in question knew I am not male and then continued to misgender me.

And wow, telling a trans person that they should be okay with being misgendered, are you going to tell POC that they should be okay with being called racial slurs next?

I had too look up what that means xD yes I am altough I have to admit of feeling like a girl someimes.
I don’t want to get in liguistic debate here (especially since english is not my mother tongue) but misgendering is a mistake, a mistake of identyfing gender (It’s in the root of the word). So active misgendering is an oxymoron, what happened to you was either harrasment (which means hate is behind it) or “trolling” which means no hate I am sad and want to get on someones nerves (in you’re case).
You’re last statmnet makes no sense calling someone a racial slur is no mistake It’s intention (and I’m not okay with It). Is english also not you’re mother tongue or you just don’t know what the words mean?
People come here to play and yea some or toxic alongside it keep in mind kids come here too, I wish you good fortune and have fun :slight_smile:

You were banned for verbally abusing multiple players. You were warned on multiple occasions and violated the rules within 24 hours of your previous warnings each time. TCG One does not tolerate active misgendering however it is impossible to know the gender of an anonymous screen name.

3 Likes

I told you and your friend that I am female, you BOTH chose to then misgender me, you are both transphobic, but please, tell me how I am the toxic one when you chose to be transphobic. You chose to annoy me and then abused your power as a mod when you were called out because you don’t see any problem with misgendering people.

If someone knows you are male or female or non-binary, and then choose to misgender you, that is active misgendering, it is NOT a mistake, and I am not going to allow you, a cis person to say what counts as transphobia or not.

I don’t really get ya girl, how exactly are you not gonna allow me that? You are playing dumb, attention seeking or have aggression problems or something like that. Words have meaning and you being trans doesn’t make you authority on anything trans related. Phobia(lat.)=Fear.
You don’t make fun off or provoke somebody you fear. And yea there is no way off knowing you’re gender online, judging by you’re additude you just might be that sad troll I was talking about. Why reveal you’re gender otherwise???
Good riddance Gufo, thanks. I’m out of this.

So someone standing up for their human rights is being a troll? I have a right to not have my gender identity invalidated by transphobes, I bet you think that homophobia isn’t a major problem either. Face it, you are a typical cis man. You think that life is easy because you have an easy life. And as a trans person I have more of a say on what counts as transphobic behaviour than you do.