v57.0 Update: RPC Milestone Release
The internal RPC Refactoring added a whole new stable & serializable & cohesive communication layer between TCG ONE Game Engine vs Game UI, which has been a huge step forward to modularize TCG ONE’s architecture and enabling next level gameplay/infrastructure enhancements, starting with new features outlined below. The initial work began in May 2021 and it only took 25.000+ lines of code change.
Note: Even though these features have been rolled out earlier, proper release notes were missing since the last announcement. This milestone release fills in that gap with a complete list of changes since the last forum announcement.
New game mode: SOLO!
- You pick a format and two constructed decks then immediately start playing both sides on the same screen.
- It’s been the highest voted feature on our Idea Portal ever; suitable for deck testing, sharpening strategy against other decks, coaching to teach someone play, sandboxing unlimited scenarios or other types of casual fun.
- Includes optional cheats: predetermined coin flips and adding any card into the game.
- Solo Mode is available to Patrons starting from the first tier.
- Pokemon selections now happen on game board directly instead of a popup.
- Multi-choice and confirmation prompts now happen on the action panel, instead of a popup.
- Visual legal selection auras: All possible legal selection targets (cards and Pokemon) are now presented with a visual aura, which makes it easy to understand which options are valid before clicking.
- All legal Pokemon and/or card selection prompts now feature a visual selectability aura, which makes it easy to understand which options are valid before clicking.
- New feature: Default values for prompts.
- All prompts, when timed out, now automatically continue with a default value, instead of disconnecting the player.
- Confirmations default to negative, Pokemon, card and energy selections default to either no selection (when possible) or minimum first available selection.
Improved Spectation System:
- The game now supports alternating (turn based) and non-alternating spectator modes from either viewpoint.
- Hand visibility during spectation is determined by being friends with the spectated player.
- Upon attempting to spectate a game, eligible spectation modes are automatically determined and the spectator chooses the desired viewpoint & hand visibility.
Improved in-game timers:
- In-game timers & timeout logic are now much more precise.
- Prompts sent to your opponent during your turn will tick from their game time.
- Prompts sent to you during your own turn can now fully utilize your turn time, including all timeout allowances.
- New game setting: Timers
- Allows different timer/timeout behaviour per game.
- The new timers option can be set during custom game creation and send challenge actions.
- Timer options:
- Default: Suitable for competitive play.
- Generous: Allows more time to read and act, suitable for learning a new format. Available for non-ranked Quickplay and Career games and Solo mode
- Lax: Relaxed timers are suitable for solo play, coaching or testing. Available for Solo mode only.
- Available to Patrons starting from the first tier.
New automated rollout system will ensure the rollouts go smoothly via automated maintenance mode setting and broadcasted multi-platform announcements (starting with this one).
- Resolved some interaction bugs that involves playing Pokemon cards from hand via effects.
- Resolved many interaction bugs with Evolve/Devolve/Level Up mechanic.
- Fixed race condition issues / delays with energy icons, indicators, timers, etc.
- Other various long list of fixes.
Happy holidays everyone!