TCG ONE 2018-19 Standard Format Tierlist (SUM-CST)

Honestly just a general resource to leave here, and my opinions on the decks we have in standard. Feel free to recommend changes and tell me if I missed anything :stuck_out_tongue:

Tier 0
Decks in this tier are undoubtedly the best deck in the format, and they should be winning almost every tournament that is played. These decks have little to no weaknesses, and are extremely consistent and powerful.

None :slight_smile:

Tier 1
Decks in this tier should be expected to be extremely popular in tournaments, and you should expect to see them often. These decks have a few weaknesses, whether in consistency or power level, but are still expected to be winning often.

Zoroark/Lycanroc

Buzzwole/Garbodor/Shrine

Vikavolt/Rayquaza

Psychic Malamar

Tier 2
These decks should still be seen frequently in tournament play, but they are generally worse than tier 1 decks. They generally lack the consistency or power of the top decks, or have a poor matchup spread against other decks

Buzzwole/Weavile/Shrine

Buzzwole GX/Lycanroc

Zoroark/Banette

Zoroark/Golisopod

Magnezone

Ultra Necrozma/Malamar

Zoroark/Magcargo

Bulu

Skillveon

Zoroark/Weavile
(tier 2.5)

Sylveon/Gardevoir

Zoroark Garbodor

Metal Beast Box

Tier 3
These decks fulfil a small niche in the current metagame, but are seen infrequently. They generally have some crippling flaws, but offer something that other decks do not.

Reshiram/Ho-Oh/Kiawe

Zoroark/Lucario

Metagross GX (all variants)

Malamar/Shrine of Punishment

Decidueye/Zoroark

Greninja/Zoroark

Tier 4/Meme Tier
These decks are outclassed by other decks, but people play them for fun

Zygarde/Lycanroc (sorry klive)

Hoopa

Zoroark/Guzzlord

Rotom

Ho-Oh/Salazzle

Garchomp/Lucario

Slaking

Empoleon/Swampert

Lapras GX/Quagsire

Some garbage crocodile deck

The 2018-19 format brings with it a diverse range of playable decks, resulting in an open metagame with multiple tier 1 and tier 2 decks. However, the lack of good draw supporters means that many powerful decks are hurt by consistency issues, especially in the early turns.

1 Like

I think Feraligatr/ Ribombee should be added to the list in tier 4.
It’s a fun deck, and I have used it to beat Zoroark and VikaRay decks, but the set up takes too long and can be hard to stream attackers that need 2 energy to attack.

Its very niche deck, but I love the deck regardless, and will be seeing improvements as the sets come out.
Sightseer from lost thunder for example will help the deck out quite a bit. discarding a hand full of water energy to draw more cards. what more can you ask for.