Pokémod - Team Rocket

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Pokémon and its trademarks are ©1995-2019 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. English and Japanese card images appearing in Pokémod are the property of The Pokémon Company International, Inc.
Pokémod is a fan made non-profit experience. It is not official in any shape or form, nor affiliated, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, or TPCi. Pokémod is purely a celebration of the Wizards era of PTCG, created by really big Pokémon fans!

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

3 Likes

Looking good. Noticed a spelling mistake on Rockets Energy WP. You wrote “Prevevnt” instead of “Prevent” on the third line.
I also like how you implemented the gen 2 legendary pokemon into gen 2. ho-oh and lugia where in fossil and now Celebi, which has now become the Cleffa for gen 1.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! I’ll update it now. :sunglasses:

Yeah I’m still not quite sure if 90HP is too much for FO Ho-oh & Lugia. It’s maybe ok for Ho-oh but do you think Lugia would be better with 80HP or is it just right?

Also, I forgot to mention. Grimer’s Poison Gas attack still puts the opponent to sleep. :rofl:
The Japanese version of this card made the opponent’s Pokemon poisoned instead.
Makes sense since the attack has the word “Poison” in its name.

1 Like

Again, thanks for pointing that out! I’ll modify Grimer to 50HP and amend his Poison Gas attack to say “Poison” rather than “Asleep” :slight_smile: If there are any other suggestions for cards in other expansions please let me know.

I’m uploading the Neo Sets over the next couple of days, there’s not been many modifications made to those cards as they are a middle ground where power balance is concerned. I have nerfed some of the really OP cards though and amended Ecogym so that Energy cards are shuffled back into your deck rather than into your hand to prevent Blastoise decks from abusing the original rule of returning the discarded energy cards to hand.

I’ve just uploaded the Modified Grimer :slight_smile: It’s now a tough choice between FO and TR Grimer’s for Dark Muk Decks. I think I’d mix them 3 FO and 1 TR :slight_smile: Minimize attack is too good but TR Grimer deals with 50HP pokemon better . . . Hmmm

Yes about thank god Magikarp’s rapid evolutions attack only made it require 1 water energy and its 3 water energy cost to do was ridiculous and I do like how you gave some Dark Pokemon 10+ hp even though that means changing Rocket’s Hideout to now only give them 10+ attack. I do like the idea of scramble energy and the other Rocket’s Energy to give evolutions a boost (evolutions are too slow to work especially with Gust of Wind around and some are to luck based or only do the same amount or less then a haymaker Pokemon outside of Pokemon like Wigglytuff, Pidgeot (jungle modded), and Blastoise). But outside of that its good modded set and I always loved the idea of Dark (bad in Japan) Pokemon and Team Rocket being one of my favorite teams. Also was wondering if you would ever change non holo Dark Vileplumes weakness to fire like its holo form since that was a error.

1 Like

I’m glad you like the Team Rocket set. This set is my personal favourite set of all PTCG so I wanted to get it right. Thanks for reminding me about non holo Vileplumes weakness error. I did mean to change it but must of forgotten to do so. I’ll sort it out tomorrow :slight_smile: thanks again

Now that I think about have you considered adding Dark Ivysaur and Dark Venusaur to this set I always found it odd that the grass starter for this and Neo never had a dark counter part. As well the GBC version exclusive Dark Marowak, Dark Clefable (maybe change its ability to be coin flip based),Dark Fearow, Dark Starmie, and Dark Ninetales (would be hard to do since they look very pixelated)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Ninetales_(GB_2)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Clefable_(GB_2)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Fearow_(GB2_promo)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Starmie_(GB_2)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Marowak_(GB_2)

Only other changes I would make are

Dark Charizard- Nail Flick should do 30-40

Dark Arbok- Stare should do 20 or make it into a Pokemon Power and keep it at 10 damage but you can only it once per turn.

Dark Hypno- Bench Manipulation energy cost be [P][C]

Dark Machamp- Eitther Mega Punch do 40 or have it only cost one [F] and have Fling’s cost be 2x [F] and 2x [C]. I originally thought it should cost less but then I thought that might be too devastating

Dark Slowbro- Don’t include the tails effect and maybe make the attack cost 1 [P] and 1 [C]

Dark Vaporeon-70 HP maybe and make bite’s cost 2x colorless

1 Like

I have also wanted to see how all the GB cards could be implemented into the game.

Articuno had a pokemon power, where if you play it from your hand, you flip a coin. if heads. the defending pokemon was paralysed.
Zapdos had a pokemon power, where if you played it from the hand, you did 30 damage to a pokemon chosen at random in play (both yours and the opponents). its attack did the same but for 70 damage.
and finally Moltres’ pokemon power also had the effect, if you play it from the hand, you got to take random fire energy cards from your deck and put those cards into your hand.

1 Like

Yeah I forgot about those cards and they would be interesting to have. Most of the GBC exclusives in the game are there to make up for the cards they could not implemented like Ditto (Fossil) and Electrode (Base). They also have a gbc Dark Gengar but its different then the Neo one and I don’t its needed to be around https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Gengar_(GB_2) and the only other notable ones are the games promo Great Rocket’s Mewtwo https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Promotion_Card_(GB2) as well as the ones Quagmire mentioned.

Dark Arbok - Change Stare into a power, same effect but no damage. If you think that’s too powerful, you could make it so it only works while Dark Arbok is active. Also, reduce Poison Vapor to 2 grass energy requirement and damage to 10.

Dark Dugtrio - 60 or 70 HP, and remove coin flip requirement for Sinkhole.

Dark Gyarados - Flip a coin for each water energy attached instead for final beam.

Dark Hypno - 70 HP

Dark Machamp - 80 HP

Dark Magneton - 70 or 80 HP

Dark Slowbro - 70 HP and Change fickle attack so that you can’t use it next turn when used and the coin flip requirement is removed.

Dark Vileplume - Change Hay Fever so that Supporters can still be used.

Dark Weezing - 70 HP

Here Comes Team Rocket - Add additional effect: Draw 1 card if a “Here Comes Team Rocket” has already been played.

Dark Electrode - 70 HP OR have Rolling Tackle to 20 damage.

Dark Golduck - 70 HP

Dark Primeape - 70 HP

Dark Vaporeon - 70 HP and change Bite energy requirement to 2 and damage to 20.

Dark Wartortle - Change doubleslap damage to 20 instead of 10x

Porygon - 50HP

Dark Raticate - 60 HP and no retreat cost. Change Gnaw energy requirement to 1.

Meowth - Remove coin flip requirement for Coin Hurl OR do 10 damage if tails.

Hey guys thanks for your input :slight_smile:

After looking back over this set I agree that there is room for slight improvements.

I’m going to raise the Maximum HP of Dark Alakazam and Dark Machamp to 80. I also love the idea of making Dark Arbok’s Stare attack deal 20 Damage!

I did originally have Dark Charizards Nail Flick do 20 Damage but reverted back to 10 damage after some thought. I came to the conclusion it would make 2HKO’ING Pokes too easy for dark Charizard when a OHKO is a big focus. I wanted to keep the fun of missing the OHKO but then either gambling again for the KO on the next turn or trying to find a Plus power to KO with nail flick.

Dark Vileplume is a real love/hate card. For now it will stay as it is until we get testing and then it may change. I for one like the fear factor Dark Vileplume brings to the format.

Dark Wartortle can have its first attack Flip 2 coins for 20 damage for [C][C]. and Dark Vaporeon can have its first attack do 30 damage for [W][W]

Hmm Dark Machoke needs some love too… I think it would work to make his Drag Off attack [F][C].

Also I’ve just noticed I need to put a Silver Pokemod Tab on Porygon as I’ve removed it’s weakness.

@Shikaternia you really hate coin flips don’t you XD

I find that they play a significant role in a card’s viability and make the game more luck based, so I prefer to see less of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes but they are required to keep the format a healthy place. You might want to have a look at Ash’s Pikachu #0 in the Pokemod Promo’s set

Oh I’m not saying remove them entirely. Some of them, however, would be much better without it. Not really anything in the rocket set, but in some other sets it makes some attacks or pokemon not even worth considering because of having to rely on a coin flip.

I’ve updated Dark Wartortle . . . He now packs a little punch :slight_smile: