Pokémod - Neo Genesis

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Gold Pokémod Tab = Original card
Silver Pokémod Tab = Modified card
Bronze Pokémod Tab = New card
Green Pokémod Tab = pkmd format exclusive
Blue Pokémod Tab = pkmd-ex format exclusive
Red Pokémod Tab = Trainers, Energy cards or Pokémon-Powers blocked from functioning with Pokémon-ex

Pokémon and its trademarks are ©1995-2019 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. English and Japanese card images appearing in Pokémod are the property of The Pokémon Company International, Inc.
Pokémod is a fan made non-profit experience. It is not official in any shape or form, nor affiliated, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, or TPCi. Pokémod is purely a celebration of the Wizards era of PTCG, created by really big Pokémon fans!

[Pokémod - Main Menu]

I like the mod you did to metal energy to prevent it from getting abused and the noctowl one I don’t see any difference was that meant to be a gold? Did you purposely not include in the effect of darkness energy to not include Pokemon with Dark in their name? Every other card change looks about fine and I am a bit iffy on the Cleffa nerf since I feel it’s a needed evil in situations in which your only Pokemon or when your hand is really bad incase of no elm or other draw card even though these instances are rare and it makes the lass+Cleffa combo even deadly now since your cleffa’s attack is now only a coin flip.

Hey darkmaster, yes I think Metal needed that adjustment to prevent decks like Rocket’s Zapdos abusing it because unlike Rocket-On format, this format includes base set so the combo of Rocket’s Zapdos + Defender + Metal energy would be totally broken. Noctowl has had its Pokemon Power modded to only being able to be used just once per turn.

I do see what you mean with Cleffa, but because there are allot more draw support options (just take a look at the Gym sets) People won’t find themselves stuck as often. Especially because Rocket’s Sneak attack is nerfed to exclude supporter cards. Because of these adjustments Cleffa requires the mod to make Eeek a coin flip. Deckbuilding in this format is tight, there’s not much spare space in any deck. The original Cleffa would be a staple x4 in most decks and I want people to be able to get more creative with their decks. I’ve never really liked Cleffa, Yes its an amazing card, but I’ve always seen it as a lazy fix to the problems the original sets experienced.

Yeah I agree with metal energy nerf for that reason and my bad then. True I forgot about how good Ash and other draw power cards are. Yeah I agree with those statements and I think it would be used in rocket on a bit since its still the best baby outside of magby/pichu and Igglybuff as a tech card.

1 Like

If you haven’t already seen it. there is a secret Celebi card in ZF_Goku’s Team Rocket expansion which does a shuffle draw 7 for 1 energy. has all the same stats as Cleffa, and its Pokemon power is basically the same as fossil Haunter.

by the way the Lugia card in the fossil expansion is now superior to the lugia in this set. it has a 2 energy attack, and can still do 90 for 3 energy if you discard the fire, water and lightning energy.

2 Likes

Yes Fossil Lugia is a boss, but I’m not sure if 90HP is too much. Maybe 80 would be better suited? What do you think DK? Or am I just over analysing it…

maybe give the neo lugia 100 hp, so the fossil one doesn’t ko it. but the fossil one can still do 20 for 2 energy.
going up to 120hp on the neo lugia would mean that 20+90 would only deal 110, and the neo one could ohko the other one back.
but maybe thats too much hp?

Yes I feel that would take things a little far, let’s leave it as it is and evaluate it in testing :slight_smile:

I have so ideas for modifications. :o

Ampharos - 100 HP and a second attack that would make players consider using it instead of the other Ampharos available.

Feraligatr - Change Berzerk so it discards the top 3-5 cards of your opponent’s deck (no coin flip required).

Feraligatr - Reduce HP to 100.

Jumpluff - 80 HP

Skarmory - Change Claw energy requirement to metal and remove coin flip requirement.

Togetic - 80 HP

Typhlosion - Change Flame wheel so only 2 fire energy cards are discarded.

Cleffa - Perhaps instead of making it a coin flip requirement, reduce the number of cards drawn to 4 or 5 OR make it so that both players shuffle their hands into their decks and draw 7 cards.

Aipom - 50 HP, remove coin flip requirement for Pilfer, change Tail Rap from 10x to 20 (no coin flips).

Ariados - 70 HP, and remove coin flip requirement for Spider Web.

Bayleef - remove coin flip requirement for Sweet Scent.

Clefairy - Reduce the energy costs for Doubleslap and Squaredance by 1.

Electabuzz - 80 HP, change Swift damage to 40-50.

Flaaffy - 70 HP, make Electric Current’s effect optional.

Furret - 70 HP, no retreat cost.

Gloom - Remove coin flip requirement for Sticky Nectar, use the heads result for the effect.

Granbull - 80 HP.

Magmar - 1 fire energy for Tail Slap, change damage of it to 20.

Miltank - 80 HP or reduce retreat cost to 1.

Piloswine - Remove tails effect for Blizzard and reduce Freeze energy cost to 1.

Sunflora - 80 HP, give it a power or additional attack. Power Example - Allow pokemon to be evolved even if you just played them.

Xatu - No retreat cost.

Cyndaquil - remove coin flip effect for Fireworks, or increase damage to 30 and require a fire energy be discarded to use it.

Girafarig - No retreat cost, or it can complete with other basic psychic pokemon.

Mantine - 70 HP.

Natu - 40 HP.

Onix - 70 HP.

Sentret - No retreat cost.

Shuckle - 70 HP, change Wrap energy requirement to 1 colorless and 1 grass energy.

Snubbull - Remove coin flip requirement for Roar.

Sudowoodo - 70.

Swinub - 50 HP

1 Like

@DKQuagmire As requested, I’ve now added Eusine and Kurt Supporter cards to this set #86 & #87 :slight_smile:

I’ve also added VS Seeker to this set. #99/111 :slight_smile: This format is starting to look good!

@ZF_Goku Nice Skyla reprint :wink:

shame Kurt can’t search out Jungle Exeggutor, (which has 80HP) or that would be a bit busted.
though saying that, Wigglytuff has 80 hp. so i guess that’s fair.
an idea for Kurt though, would be to let you take any evolution card with 90 hp or more, or take a stage 2 pokemon from the deck, without the HP requirement. this might make the Dark cards more playable. however i do see the downside of this. a faster dark vileplume, which might not be what we want in this format.

and i love the VS seeker reprint. Justas long as cards like misty’s wrath don’t become supporters we should still be ok from riptide gatr deck.

1 Like

Hey bro, Glad you like them :slight_smile: !! In the Ecard expansions we already have Professor Elms Training Method, that helps you search for any Evo card. Also check out Rocket Ball in the Team Rocket Expansion, that card is a great help for Dark Pokes :slight_smile:

@DKQuagmire If you have anymore suggestions for characters I could use to turn into trainer cards for the Neo sets please let me know dude :slight_smile:

Added Youngster #92 & Silent Lab #93

You could consider using gym leaders and the elite four from Johto.

Outside of that, you could also consider different types of trainers, like Hiker, Sailor, Twins, Biker, Firebreather, etc.

Updated Youngster #92’s Artwork.

1 Like

Added #103 Battle Arena