Metal Energy Neo Genesis Damage Reduction

In the neo genesis generation the metal enegy protected vs all damage included pp, on this the pokempower from dark crobat dark golbat still do damage to the pokemons with metal energy, thats be broken just try to fixed

This is actually not a bug, but based on the proper functionality of the card. Metal Energy only blocks damage from attacks, not Pokémon Powers. A lot of cards from the Wizards era were translated poorly. Metal Energy is one of those and can be considered to have an errata. For more details, read here: WotC Erratas, Complete List

Wrong my friend the errata is post neo its in expedition this is the text to neo genesis (japanese) metal energy

Damage done to the Pokémon Metal Energy is attached to is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance ). If the Pokémon Metal Energy is attached to isn’t , whenever it damages a Pokémon, reduce that damage by 10 (before applying Weakness and Resistance)

This is the text from expedition set

Damage done by attacks to the Pokémon Metal Energy is attached to is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance) . If the Pokémon Metal Energy is attached to isn’t whenever it damages Pokémon by an attack, reduce that damage by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance) .

In that case for base set and neo, the pp reduce de damage in 10

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Metal_Energy_(Neo_Genesis_19)

Hi @asmita, I appreciate the concern, but as Jason has mentioned, for some cases we consciously apply some erratas in order to make the interactions more consistent and meaningful.

They basically changed the game because you consider that the original card is not balanced, so tell things as they are and do not blame the wizard that although he did things wrong this time it is his own and not theirs and in terms of giving him more meaning I would not agree so much since for example the deck of dark crobat is extremely dominant and it would be a way to control it in short I will not play that way anymore since I consider that it is not well programmed thanks

Pd: dont say “solved” because he dont solved the problem the page exchange the card because you can not because the card do that thx

I have a source in Japan who is knowledgeable of the game’s original rules. I reached out to him to confirm this ruling. I included the three pictures below in my inquiry. His response is below.

Dark Crobat Japanese

Hello, I answer the question.

Does Metal Energy reduce damage from Powers?

Powers damage is not reduced. Therefore, the first image: 20 damage, the second image: 20 damage, and “surprise bite” will also be 20 damage.

The reason for the answer is the following effects of the Metal Energy Card.
“When the Pokemon with this card takes damage from an attack, the damage is” -10 ".
If the Pokemon with this card is not a “Metal” Pokemon, the damage dealt by the Pokemon with this card from the attack is also “-10”. "

Ryo

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.