Harassment

I think it would be beneficial to have a topic about how to report someone for harassment and toxic behavior. I have spent 20 minutes trying to find this on the site and the forum, using many different search terms like bullying, harassment, and I only found one topic “Dumb behavior of an user” by elefante, which is locked for further posts.

For months I have been harassed by Idej and seenag and I haven’t reported it because I didn’t know how. Is what I’m doing now, creating a topic about it, the correct way to report someone? Or is there another method? Anywho, I’m starting to screenshot toxic behavior because this occurs constantly on here and it sours the experience a bit. I shouldn’t have to disable spectation every timei play or see homophobia, misogyny, racism, or harassment in the chat box.

3 Likes

Jamie, for starters, you’re posting under a source-optimization tag (source-refactoring). If inheritance means money to you, I don’t think you should be posting there.
You are reaaaaally short tempered.
not%20gonna%20play%20with%20an%20asshole
%20It%20is%20pathetic%20-%20Copy
It’s really hard to take you seriously.
It’s just me and seenag now?images%20(4)
You practically called us ALL the a word.
%20-%20Copy
You really don’t understand the seriousness of your accusations of homophobia, misogyny, or racism. I’m not even Caucasian. Where did you see all this, and when did you see it from me?

You are extremely sexually perverted. We’d appreciate it if you’d stop pointing to dicks.
images
images%20(2)
If my comment warning people about you hurt you, you shouldn’t have made those comments.
Also, the point you bring up regarding disabling the chat is pretty moot, since it’s been a while since blocking prevented people from joining. I personally always disable the chat in matches because I hate chit chat.

What you call harassment or toxic behavior is really petty compared to what I’ve seen.
idej%20was%20touched%20by%20Michael%20Jackson%20-%20Copy

First of all, i never said you specifically were any of those things. Read the post again. The post was in general to gain awareness on how somehow would report something if they wanted to, because yes that stuff does occur on here in general. One-sided screenshotting, I see. Ok. Don’t post anything of the exact same type of stuff said by seenag or you or anything above what you screenshotted (harassment from seenag) .No I didn’t go around screenshotting everything for months so I don’t have proof. I don’t even care anymore. Harass me all you want. You guys are just anonymous people and it is just silly. This site obviously doesn’t have the resources to properly deal with harassment anyway if it can’t apply the technology to disable chat messages in the chat box/spectation. It’s not even worth it to continually go to a lot of trouble screenshotting and posting/reporting in forums in hopes to “ban” someone. Who has the time for that? Especially when you could just make a new account right afterI’m sure. I come on here to have fun. Not going to acknowledge. And literally, PCL, you and seenag are the only people…not ALL. 3 people, and I haven’t even seen PCL in months so really just you two now.

you don’t even have to reply to this because I’m not gonna read it. I’m done.

A few last last things - you don’t have to be be Causasian to be racist. Look at George Zimmerman as an example, (Hispanic). They are not mutually exclusive, which you seemed to imply…And again, I’m not saying/never said you was/were racist. i do wonder about homophobic…Just yesterday you said

Which is a hate-filled derogatory word that is often used before gay/trans people are brutally attacked… I’m gay, open, and proud, and seeing that word, no matter how you meant it, is offensive. Like I said - you might consider things petty but you are baiting and bothering me/calling me out in a public forum, and if you don’t see how that’s wrong, then I feel sorry for you.

I’m only going to say this. “My son’s a fag” is a reference to some leaked NSFW Funimation voiceover recordings. You seem to believe you could be attacked in a country were homosexuals have equal rights. Not implying you can’t but… I’m not going to go into anything else. Honestly, this is starting to seem political. There’s nothing inherently political about ‘harassment’.

kiss and make up, and promise to be really really really close bros for now on

1 Like

It would be great if something is done with this kind of people. I take this post to report this user who was overflowing the chat with misogynist, homophobic and racist comments.

Full lobby chat:

[17:19:55] [OverloadedRand]: Faggots are fucking stupid
[17:20:21] [OverloadedRand]: And so is the entire LGBT community
[17:20:30] [OverloadedRand]: There’s nothing bad about Trump
[17:21:03] [OverloadedRand]: Except he didn’t build the fucking wall
[17:21:16] [OverloadedRand]: Which makes him a liar
[17:21:21] [OverloadedRand]: OK
[17:21:39] [OverloadedRand]: Women don’t need rights because they just do nothing with them
[17:21:46] [OverloadedRand]: Name one female engineer
[17:21:59] [OverloadedRand]: Without googling it
[17:22:44] [OverloadedRand]: And she has to have graduated and passed the relevant board-licensing exams. USA’s case, the PE tests. FE tests are for engineers in training
[17:23:56] [OverloadedRand]: You know? We taught the nigger for so many decades about how to plant and grow food, but the goddamn nigs are still piss-poor and not doing it in Africa
[17:24:10] [OverloadedRand]: At least Venezuela has an excuse. Too much inflation.
[ 17:41:10] [PikachuMaster]: Who the heck is this idiot?
[17:47:45] [scoot404]: ok boomer
[17:48:06] [scoot404]: honestly tho wtf even if that is a joke why post that here of all places
[17:59:05] [OverloadedRand]: I’m an athiest and I’m proud of my intelligence. “Who the heck is this idiot?” What kind of question is that? I’m OverloadedRand. You fucking moron. Who are you?
[18:02:21] [OverloadedRand]: My mom holds over 20 degrees (none STEM, mind you) and just did nothing with them.
[18:02:34] [OverloadedRand]: Fucking piece of shit trash
[18:02:59] [OverloadedRand]: All those tax dollars wasted
[18:03:16] [OverloadedRand]: I wish I had over 20 degrees
[18:05:19] [OverloadedRand]: That’s what keeps holding America back, non-free public education
[18:05:36] [OverloadedRand]: And the greedy corporations too obsessed with taking advantage of MANDATORY investments.
[18:05:57] [OverloadedRand]: Hitler was right.
[18:07:26] [OverloadedRand]: Far-left, far-right. Fuck you all. What’s the difference? What is either side? Racism? You’re all morons.
[18:09:25] [OverloadedRand]: stop spaming
[18:09:36] [OverloadedRand]: what the fuck
[18:09:40] [OverloadedRand]: hey
[18:09:48] [OverloadedRand]: i am not
[18:09:57] [OverloadedRand]: what
[18:10:05] [OverloadedRand]: :fu:t6::fu:t6::fu:t6::fu:t6::fu:t6:
[18:11:17] [OverloadedRand]: you want me to kill myself
[18:11:17] [OverloadedRand]: no don’t do it
[18:11:17] [OverloadedRand]: no
[18:11:17] [OverloadedRand]: if i eatef the soap
[18:11:17] [OverloadedRand]: just wow
[18:11:17] [OverloadedRand]: yes please kill yourself
[18:11:22] [OverloadedRand]: wow
[18:11:30] [OverloadedRand]: really
[18:11:38] [OverloadedRand]: i want to idk how
[18:11:46] [OverloadedRand]: ok.
[18:11:55] [OverloadedRand]: how
[18:11:59] [OverloadedRand]: you are typing all of it!
[18:12:03] [OverloadedRand]: ok
[18:12:11] [ikc]: do you want to join my game
[18:12:11] [OverloadedRand]: huh
[18:12:19] [OverloadedRand]: you know what i am done here
[18:12:26] [OverloadedRand]: bvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvboumboumboumboum
[18:12:35] [OverloadedRand]: bye

@elefante 's example in particular shows that there does need to be some banning feature with the site. It’s clear that this OverloadedRand user created an account with no intent to actually play the game or discuss it, but to flood the site with unnecessary rambling with the intent to offend people in whatever way possible.

While I am a strong advocate for freedom of speech, there needs to be a clear line between civil and uncivil discussion. I am not opposed to allowing swearing and the like in the lobby chat, but spam such as what is shown above should not be tolerated in the public chat.

I will back up the suggestion of having a report function to bring attention to those who abuse chat like this and, if possible, IP bans for offenders who repeatedly create new accounts for the purpose of spam or offensive posting.

Will tag @admin on this to bring this issue to the forefront

If we all report Rand’s posts for Spam he’ll be removed.

@elefante
@Idej
@jamie756
@Hargis1337

OverloadedRand was banned.

The dispute between Idej and jamie756 seems too complex for me to spend time and understand. Here is a poll for the community to decide.

• No Ban Needed
    • Ban Idej for 6 months
    • Ban jamie756 6 months
    • Ban Idej and jamie756 for 4 months

0 voters